St Pius X OSHC aims to:
- Provide a variety of stimulating, fun activities which take into account the children’s individual needs, interests, abilities, varied ages and diverse backgrounds;
- Focus on children and positive relationships;
- Allow children to explore the world around them, their relationships with others, develop skills and build self esteem through play;
- Empower children with skills for life such as negotiation, communication and decision making;
- Respect each child as an individual and promote a positive self image and acceptable behaviour patterns;
- Meet the needs of families who require outside school hours care in a safe, nurturing, caring and supportive community.
The OSHC Service is endorsed by the St Pius X School Board, and the values, beliefs and policies complement the school’s own. Open communication with families will be actively encouraged, as will the participation of families and staff in planning and decision making about the Service. The Service is managed by an OSHC committee which meets once a term to oversee the program.
The Director, Mandy Richardson, has a Bachelor of Education and leads a strong stable staff team comprising a various mix of qualified and unqualified educators. There is a dynamic mix of young energetic staff, along with experienced staff with solid parenting skills. The team regularly meet to share skills and knowledge and identify gaps in communication, training needs and service provision.
We offer the following components:
- Before School Care
7:15am – 8:25am (breakfast included until 8:10am)
- After School Care
3:15pm – 6:15pm (afternoon snack included)
- Vacation Care
7:30am – 6:00pm (breakfast and afternoon snack included)
- Student Free Day
7:15am – 6:30pm (breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack included)
- 12.30pm Finish on last day of Terms 1, 2 and 3
(pizza lunch and afternoon snack included)
For further details on fees, policies and other information, please visit the St Pius X OSHC website.